Homestay Terms and Conditions
– We will select a friendly homestay for you and hope that you enjoy spending time with them.
– Your homestay will give you some rules, always follow these. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask your homestay to help you.
– Give your host a copy of your programme so that they know your schedule at all times. Always inform them if you’re going to be late.
– If your booking includes meals, make sure you know what time the host will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. They will prepare your meals. Please do not use their kitchen to cook.
– You are not allowed to use the homestay’s telephone. Please ask them if there is an emergency.
– Many families have WiFi – please ask for their permission to use this.
– Keep your bedroom tidy and do not keep any food there. If you have any food, ask your family where you can keep it.
– Smoking is not permitted in the house.
– Please leave the bathroom tidy and the toilet seat clean:
o do not put your feet on the toilet seat
o always put toilet paper in the toilet and everything else in the bins provided
o never put food down the toilet or in the sinks
o use the sink to wash your hands thoroughly but please do not use it to wash your hair, feet, or anything else
o Ask your host what time would be best for you to have a shower or a bath every day. Try not to spend too long in the bathroom as others might be waiting to use it.
– If you go out:
o You must always tell your guardian where you’re going and what time you’ll be back.
o If you are 16 or 17 years old you must return home every evening by 10pm at the latest.
o If you are younger than 16 years old, you must return home every evening by 9pm at the latest.
– Students are expected to respect their host family’s way of life in return for being accepted as a family member. Hosts are encouraged to include you in family life and to arrange activities and excursions. The happiest students tend to be those who also make the most effort with the Host Family, so don’t stay in your room all day!
– Please note, actual guardianship remains with UKG during your stay with a Host Family, so you should speak to us about any concerns you may have or if you need to make any changes to the original arrangement.
– You do not need to bring too much pocket money to the Host Family, as your parents have already paid your meals and accommodation during your stay with the Host Family. If you need extra pocket money, we will only issue pocket money to you after we receive your parents’ permission. Please make sure you gain your parent’s permission first.
– Make sure your phone always has battery and credit.
– Make sure you have all of the contact details, addresses or maps that you need.
– Always put your safety first.
– If you have any questions, please ask any UKG staff member.
We do not tolerate any abusive behaviour by staff, students or visitors (this includes unkind words, messages and actions, verbal, mental and physical abuse, taking or damaging someone else’s things, violence or anger towards another person, talking to/about people in an unkind way, teasing, harassment, bullying).
– Full payment must be received by UKG before homestay accommodation can be arranged.
– A two-night minimum stay applies to all homestay bookings.
– Homestay bookings are charged per night but an extra night is charged if the student leaves after 12pm on the last day.
Changes to Bookings
– Should you wish to change your accommodation or transfer booking, an additional administration fee may be charged. Any fees incurred due to the change will be chargeable.
– If less than two weeks’ notice is given for any changes to accommodation bookings, two weeks or the total stay of accommodation fees is chargeable (whichever is shorter).
– If less than two days’ notice is given for any changes to transfer bookings, the full transfer fee is chargeable.
– Should you wish to cancel your accommodation booking, two weeks’ notice prior to arrival in writing is required for a refund to be considered. If a refund is to be made, any administration fees plus 10% of the accommodation fees will not be refunded.
– Should you wish to cancel your transfer booking, two working days’ notice in writing is required for a refund to be considered. If a refund is to be made, any administration fees plus 10% of the transfer fees will not be refunded.
– Bank transaction charges will be deducted from the refund amount if the transfer is made to an oversees account.
– The Parent agrees not to approach or book services with UKG homestays independently. If a homestay or other service is booked for the Student (such as tutoring or transfer), subsequent services with the same service provider must be booked through UKG.
– The Parent and Student agree to comply to all guidance and regulations set out in the Student and Parent Handbooks, as well as all of UKG’s Policies and Procedures.
If any part, paragraph or any portion of any section of this Agreement is determined to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason whatsoever that unenforceability or invalidity shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement and such unenforceable or invalid part, paragraph or portion thereof shall be severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the UK and it shall be interpreted on the basis of the laws of the UK. Any disagreements between the Parties and related to the Agreement shall be settled by negotiations. Upon failure to reach an agreement, the disagreements shall be settled in the UK Court pursuant to the laws applicable in the UK.
Limitation of Liability: Indemnification
Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, neither party hereto shall be liable for any liability, claims, losses, costs, expenses, injuries, or damages of any nature whatsoever, which the other may be subject to or incur as a result of any activities in connection with this Agreement. Each party shall indemnify and hold the other harmless from and against any liability, claims, losses, costs, expenses, injuries or damages howsoever caused, by reason of any injury sustained to person or property, arising out of, associated with, or reasonably foreseeable as a result of a party’s act, negligence, default, or omission, and shall pay all sums to be paid or discharged in relation thereto. If either party is sued in any court by reason of the conduct of the party as described above, such other party will discharge any judgment rendered in favour of the opposing litigant. Nothing herein is intended to nor shall it relieve either party from liability for its own conduct.
In the event that UKG is unable to perform its obligations under the terms of this Agreement, directly or indirectly, because of forces beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God or government, acts of war or terrorism, fire, natural disaster, contagious pandemic, labour stoppage, equipment failure, or other causes reasonably beyond its control, UKG shall not be liable for damages to the other party for any damages resulting from such failure to perform or otherwise from such causes.
– Student information may be requested by schools, universities, host families or tutors if you have booked a service. Submitting the form above will confirm that you are happy for your details to be passed on. You can request a copy of this information from UKGuardianship. Please note that UKGuardianship will never pass your details onto any third parties without your prior consent.
– Personal information of host families or tutors may be sent to you in advance. Submitting the form above will confirm that you will store this information safely, you will never pass any details on to a third party and you will delete the data when it is no longer needed.
UKG reserves the right to make changes to its services and prices.